Safeguarding at St Mary’s Caen.
Our Safeguarding Officer is Michelle Parker.
You can contact her via: firstname.lastname@example.org or via 02.31.80.60.30
In accordance with the Diocese in Europe’s Safeguarding Policy, our Chaplaincy is committed to:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture.
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Chaplaincy will:
• Endeavour to create a safe and caring place for all.
• Have a named local Safeguarding Officer to work with the Chaplain and the Chaplaincy Council to implement policy and procedures.
• Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
• Where possible, ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the chaplaincy.
• Display in church premises and on the chaplaincy website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
• Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
• Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops’ guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and local child and/or adult services immediately.
• Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
• Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
• Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, procedures and practices at least annually.
This Policy was reaffirmed at our Annual Meeting on Sunday 20th September 2020.